Oat Float Delivery
We offer a packaging-free delivery service, collecting and refilling your containers. Here's how it works:
2. Use our online shop to create your order, just as you would if you were ordering other groceries online. There are a couple of differences to note however:
If you know how much you would like, you can specify a weight. For example, if you would like 300g of white basmati rice, you would select 100g in the Weight dropdown and 3 for Quantity. The price quoted will be what you are charged.
If you don't know the weight you would like and would simply like your container filled (or half-filled, or whatever your instruction might be), you can select the Fill my container option in the Weight dropdown. There is also space to add your own instructions (for example, "fill to the blue line"). The price will revert to £0 on the online order but will be calculated once your container is filled.
Minimum order value: Because you may not know how much your order will cost (if you've selected Fill my container for any of the items in your basket), it is difficult for us to have a minimum order value to qualify for free delivery. If we were able to have a minimum order value, we'd set this to £10 (far lower than a supermarket). All that we say is that if your order is looking likely to be less than £10 we may contact you to see if you've got any other containers you'd like to fill at the same time in order to make the delivery viable for us.
3. Follow the checkout process including selecting your delivery date. Deliveries are made on Wednesdays and you will be able to select the one that suits you. The cut-off time is 9pm on Tuesday for the following day.
No payment will be taken as part of this checkout process but you will receive a confirmation email.
4. On the morning of your selected delivery day, have your containers ready for collection by 9:30am. You are welcome to leave these outside your house and there is opportunity to add this instruction to your order when you checkout. You'll need to label containers if you haven't added these details when placing the order. If you don't leave a container, a paper bag will be used instead.
5. Delivery. These will take place during the day. There are 2 ways this may be done depending on your location, the number of orders that day and the items you are ordering:
The delivery may be made by the Oat Float itself. In this case, the refilling would be done then and there, with your refilled containers left in the same place they were collected from.
Or, your containers may be picked up, refilled back at Oat Float HQ and delivered later that day. We expect to increase the range available for delivery orders (the float has limited space!) so this method will be used when your order includes items not normally on the float, or if you are further away (the float has limited range!). If the Oat Float isn't used for delivery, the delivery will always be made in an electric vehicle (just one that can travel further and a little quicker!).
6. Payment. Following successful delivery, you will be emailed a detailed invoice with the full breakdown of the items you have purchased, including all weights where these were not specified. The invoice will include payment details and payments need to be made within 7 days.